Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life after 25 hrs in 8 wks is hectic but, happy to be a part of it! Found out not only did I pass, but got a B in all the classes.......not too bad for chemo brain! This just goes to show everyone out there that if you dig deep (and I did have to dig really deep) you can do just about anything you put your mind to! How many times I wanted to give up, but decided to just dig the heels in deeper! Am actually looking forward to telling the Oncologist about this, since he was somewhat hesitant about the whole thing saying most people are just happy to "function" through chemo.......hasn't he figured out yet I don't think I'm "most people?"
And oh yes......still "fighting the cancer"....I really think I've totally won that one...ready to move on to something else. 1 more chemo left then hopefully I will be able to sleep some normal hours. while undergoing daily radiation treatments.
I will be a fitness/ health expert for the /underarmour web site, will try to put this site on the blog. They are flying me out to Baltimore in October for a Health/fitness festival where they want me to be one of their "experts". Check out Dicks sporting goods or other stores featuring power in pink starting in Sept......my picture along with the two other girls (Ugh they are much younger than me) will be there with the merchandise.......hope I had at least one good picture......

1 comment:

  1. Old is just a state of mind. I don't feel old. I hurt more, but that's all. I'm glad everything is working out for you. I told, you, you come from a bunch of tough swamp women! We're all proud of you.

    ReplyDelete